Countdown to Triplets 1st Birthday

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

February 23, 2010

What People Don't Tell You About Pregnancy


Time flies! I'm almost on my 3rd trimester. I can give birth on my 36th or 37th week and that's like 10 to 11 weeks from now! We still have so many things to do before I deliver...

Since this is my 1st pregnancy, I feel like I'm learning on my own. Everything (process, experience, etc.) is a first time. 

There are things that people just don't tell us about being pregnant. I think it's time I break the silence and share some of the surprising discoveries I've made along the way:

Constipation: Who knew baby could wreak such havoc on the digestive system? Dr. A. advised me to drink prune juice but I never liked the taste. I take Nesvita instead and lots of fiber fruits. 

Sleep-deprivation: I was in the impression that this will only come in once the baby is born. WRONG! I've mentioned this many times in my previous entries and sleep-depivation is the worst thing I've experienced so far next to constipation and morning sickness.

Hair growth: Hair on my belly is not quite a gorgeous thing to see. Will it be there forever? 

Nosebleeds: Due to difficulties in breathing and the feeling that my nose is full I blow my nose many times in a day that causes it to bleed. Dr. A. said it's normal. 

Baby Kicks: INTENSE babies' kicks were felt yesterday and today.  Seeing the lumps and bumps on my tummy (might be the butt, knees, feet, head...) was a disturbing experience for me. No one ever said that babies amazing little kicks would start to feel like aliens trying to burst out of my belly! Tummy is extra heavy when babies are active and made me stay in bed the whole day. 

Hot and Sweaty: I had to take 2 to 3 showers a day! I didn't know that I'll also sweat in the underwear region!!! It's only February, what am I going to do in the next few months when the weather is more humid? Thinking of having a brazilian wax. 

Insane hunger and extreme food aversions: I feel like a pig. 'Nuff said!

Exhaustion: I'm also feeling like a horse! Haha.

Have you experienced any of these?

signature

4 comments on "What People Don't Tell You About Pregnancy"

piranha on February 24, 2010 at 6:49 PM said...

Tammy, are you asking me? I do feel like a pig sometimes. =)

TBB on February 24, 2010 at 11:34 PM said...

may point ka jeng, ako pala i feel like a pig most of the time even before i got pregnant! hahaha. masarap naman to be like a pig at times eh. can't resist good food! =)

G on February 26, 2010 at 9:59 AM said...

Hi, this is Gary, Admin of http://mom.exchange.ph.

I'm looking for Philippine Mom Blogs that talk about parenting, finance, breastfeeding, pregnancy, raising teens, education, discipline, etc., and I came across your excellent blog. I'd like to invite you to join our Mom Network!

However I couldn't find your email address or a way to contact you on this blog. Would you mind emailing me at ghmercado@gmail.com so I can reply and send them to you?

Thanks so much!

Mommy Lace on February 27, 2010 at 2:06 PM said...

I have all except constipation and nosebleed. Try eating oatmeal every morning it really helps :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Baby Talk Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez