Countdown to Triplets 1st Birthday

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

February 12, 2010

Glucose Challenge Test


Most doctors routinely recommend a glucose screening test (also called a glucose challenge test or GCT) between 24 and 28 weeks of pregnancy to check for gestational diabetes --- a high blood sugar condition that some women get during pregnancy. 

I had mine yesterday.

I was given a chilled sugar solution that contains 50 grams of glucose (looks and tastes like Royal orange, the soft drink). I had to get all of it down in 5 minutes. I finished it up in 2 minutes since I was thirsty and I liked the initial taste of it. After which, I felt the awful after taste. I was not allowed to drink or eat after taking the solution and was asked to come back after an hour for my blood sample. The idea is to see how efficiently my body processes sugar. Result was forwarded to Dr. A

I passed it with flying colors! *haha* My sugar level is normal. Right after I received the SMS from Dr. A. I wolfed down a bar of chocolate! *haha* Well, something to reward myself for being a good girl. *smiles*

signature

6 comments on "Glucose Challenge Test"

piranha on February 15, 2010 at 7:50 AM said...

Good to hear! More chocolates for u!

... on February 15, 2010 at 10:33 AM said...

hail to the queen! :) i love your blog title "glucose challenge test!!!" hehe super challenging talaga itoooo... goodluck ate few more months until the big day wohoooo!

TBB on February 15, 2010 at 11:02 AM said...

thanks! =)

TBB on February 15, 2010 at 11:02 AM said...

thanks! =)

Lace Llanora on February 20, 2010 at 7:54 PM said...

congratulations! :)

i didn't know bawal uminom ng water after, it must be awful. I haven't done mine up until now x.x

TBB on February 20, 2010 at 10:27 PM said...

mommy lace, bawal talaga. so i suggest take your breakfast then do the test a few hours after (before lunch). kapag medyo full ka or gutom, there's a possibility that you'll throw up. if that happens, you have to come back some other day to repeat the test...

good luck! =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Baby Talk Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez