Countdown to Triplets 1st Birthday

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

February 05, 2010

Attention Much?


More often than not, 9 out of 10 people think I'm due anytime. Wherever I go, may it be in the mall, bank, grocery or church they can't help but notice stare at me maybe because of my body built, I'm petite and has a tummy that is unusually big. I don't like the attention, but I appreciate some perks!

Let me share some:

1. I hate going to the banks due to long queues. Bank staffs normally approach me and I get to skip the line. On ATMs, strangers let me go first so I can go back to the car immediately. I love it!

2. I'm always offered seats wherever I go. I feel like a VIP! *haha*

3. I'm the priority on elevators and escalators. They give way but sometimes it's embarrassing already.

I also get to meet and speak with quite a number of strangers already.

Normally they'll ask me if I'm due anytime and if I'm alone (looking and sounding worried) everytime I tell them 'no, I'm on my 5th month only' I can see big question marks on their faces. For the brave ones more curious people I'm given follow up comments that my tummy is big for 5 months...

They never fail to amaze me everytime I tell them that I'm expecting triplets then I smile. *haha* If only I have video cam with me all the time, it would be nice to capture their comical reactions. I've even encountered some Lolas clapped their hands and jumped while in St. Pio chapel queuing for the relics. Apparently, she's a Lola to a twins.

Earlier in a bank, a korean looking guy approached me and as expected tried to guess that I'm due anytime. I got the same reaction. He said he's good on guessing baby's age based on tummy size since his wife is an OB-Gyne/Gyne-Onco (in Medical City and St. Lukes). I think he's a doctor, too but I failed to ask.

I'm sure our babies will get more attention when they come out. I should be ready and get used to to it...

signature

6 comments on "Attention Much?"

piranha on February 6, 2010 at 10:27 PM said...

Hahahah! Ang cute naman. I'm sure dami mo pang kwento. Enjoy mo lahat ng privileges mo. :)

Unknown on February 13, 2010 at 3:05 PM said...

Hay tummy ako people notice na i have small tummy. 6th month na pero maliit pa din. Pero Im big huh. (As in!) Buti na lang I had my congenital anomally exam na kaya alam ko yng measure ng baby ko tama pa weeks nya. Hay pero cant help it..im still worried. =(

TBB on February 13, 2010 at 4:42 PM said...

mai, don't worry it won't do good. every pregnancy is different naman e. as long as ok lahat ng scans mo, and you regularly visit your OB then you're fine. =) naiinip ka na ba? did u start buying baby stuffs na?

i'm so big and heavy na. lazy to move around and i'm always hungry. haha. one time nagpa drive ako kay xave sa dorm to buy chicken fillet in Tattle. SARAP! =)

Unknown on February 15, 2010 at 10:51 AM said...

super excited na kami ni lence. Nag canvass kami ng crib and stroller. Super expensive. hay.. nweis, as soon as meron ako nakita mejo ok, i'll let u know din.

btw, meron ka ba list na mga dapat iprep or bilhin before manganak? naghahanap ako sa internet e.

Kahapon we ate sa tagaytay highlands. Buffet steak. Sus. Sobrang full ako. The whole time yung baby ko galaw ng galaw. Kasi namn after meron akong ice cream at cake.

Start na ako diet sa sweets. Sa saturday na yung sugar test ko. Buti ka pa done na. =)

TBB on February 15, 2010 at 11:13 AM said...

mai, will send you a checklist on your FB. i suggest u get the wodden crib/cot na convertible with mattress. para masanay baby mo to sleep in the crib. baby can learn to stand up faster dun kase may nahahawakan sila na bars ng crib unlike the other cribs na wala silang support to stand up. they can even use the crib until toddler years nila kase crib is a bit longer in length compared to the play pen-type cribs.

depends on you actually, kami kase we don't want our babies to sleep with us in our bed to avoid SIDS, falling out of bed, etc. besides 3 sila, so kahit queen size bed namin hindi kami kasya! haha.

check you FB later. =)

TBB on February 15, 2010 at 11:19 AM said...

mai, since i got pregnant steaks make me vomit kahit gano pa sya kasarap so i envy you. i'm not a fan of meats lately. fish, veggies lang talaga ang gusto ko. i hate chicken din except breaded ones (chicken chicken near Angelo King CSB). Hehehe.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Baby Talk Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez