Countdown to Triplets 1st Birthday

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

December 09, 2009

Feeding Bottles


Now that my morning sickness is over, I can spend more time infront of my computer. Which means, more time to research about pregnancy and browse baby stuffs from online stores. I'm beginning to start my newborn checklist and start shopping by my 4th month (2 weeks to go...)

I was advised to splurge on baby stuffs that has to do with feeding and sleeping and save on everything else.

Since there are still BPA issues on plastic feeding bottles, I had to research on which brand to buy that will not be put to waste. Initially, I thought of glass bottles but I feel it would be difficult to manage (read: breakage, heavy, etc.) so I resorted to plastic ones but BPA-free.

To those mommies or soon-to-be-moms out there, take time to read THIS. I have to give credits to Daphne Osena-Paez for this very informative blog on baby plastic bottles. I was aware of this issue even before I got pregnant and shared it with friends. Better be safe than sorry...

After much research, I'm getting Born Free plastic bottles.

*click photos to enlarge*


For more info on Born Free bottles, click here and here.

*****
Here is a list of BPA Free Bottles - considered safe by Canadian standards (if your baby bottle is not on the list, it may have BPA and therefore be unsafe. check the bottom of the plastic bottle if there's a #7 sign, it means it has BPA):

* Adiri Natural Nursers
* Avent “Via” disposable bottles
* BornFree: All bottles and cups BPA free
* EvenFlo: Glass bottles, Classic Tinted Polypropylene bottles
* Playtex: Original Nurser,Opaque Soft Bottle (discontinued), Playtex Drop in liners
* Gerber: Gerber Clearview, Fashion Tints (also called “Plastic Pastels”), Gerber GentleFlow
* Medela: All bottles
* Sassy MAM bottles (UltiVent), Baby Food Nurser Kit
* Green to Grow Bottles **see note
* Sassy Baby Food Nurser Kit
* ThinkBaby Bottles
* Momo Glass Bottles
* Munchkin: Dora the Explorer Classic Bottles
* Nuby: Standard Neck Non-Drip Bottle, Wide-Neck Non-Drip Bottle, Wide-Neck Bottle with Handles and Non-Drip Nipple, Standard Neck Bottle with Handles and Non-Drip Nipple, 3-Stage Wide Neck Easy Grip Feeding System with Non-Drip Nipple.
* Nuture Pure Glass bottles
* Babisil Silbottles
* Weego Glass Bottles
* Siliskin Glass Bottles
* Dr Brown’s: Glass Bottles (all vent system pieces BPA Free), Dr. Browns Polypropylene bottles (due in store’s April 15th)
* Parent’s Choice Bottles (available at Walmart) - box is marked BPA Free

list source: http://daphneosena.livejournal.com/tag/baby+bottles


signature

0 comments on "Feeding Bottles"

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Baby Talk Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez